Home Power Electrical Services Ltd.
Terms and Conditions
The “Company” is Home Power Electrical Services Ltd.
The “Customer” is the person, firm or company who purchases the product or services from the Company.
These terms and conditions govern all contracts entered into by the company for the supply and sale of goods or services. Any order given to the company shall be deemed to constitute an agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions. No variations of these terms and conditions shall be of any effect unless agreed by the company in writing.
- APPLICATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- It is considered that any customer entering in to an agreement with Home Power Electrical Services Ltd. is in acceptance of these terms and conditions. The customer is responsible for obtaining a copy of these terms and conditions for their reference.
- Home Power Electrical Services Ltd. reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time.
- No guarantee on completion date – all estimates. Cannot be liable for additional charges where work not completed by target date. HPES will inform the customer as soon as practical of any delay.
- If the customer requests any additional works which are not outlined in the agreement these works will be quoted for by the main office and agreed with the customer before such works are carried out.
- If for any reason the customer cancels the agreed works within 48 hours the scheduled visit, they will be charged the standard daily rate of £250 per electrician (including VAT).
- WORK ON SITE
- In most cases a preliminary site visit will be conducted by a company representative before an order is confirmed at which the customer will be made aware of any necessary preparations that may need to be carried out before the works can commence. The customer is responsible for any costs related to these preparations. Failure to carry out these preparations as agreed will result in additional charges being applied to the customer’s invoice to recover any costs incurred by the company. These may include but are not limited to a daily rate of £250 per electrician (including VAT), travel at 45p per mile for the return journey from the main company premises plus any additional material/plant hire costs the company may have incurred.
- The company reserves the right to refuse to withdraw its employees or designated contractors from site where they deem the working conditions to be unsafe in accordance with current Health and Safety Regulations. In such cases the company will discuss any necessary changes to the working environment/conditions with the customer which must be carried out before works can continue.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to provide any permissions, licenses, waivers, consents, registrations and approvals necessary for the company to carry out the works as agreed. The company reserves the right to withdraw its employees or designated contractors from site if any necessary documentation cannot be provided.
- During the preliminary site visit the company representative will, to their best endeavour, inform the customer of any unavoidable damage that may be caused to the site as a result of their agreed works. Home Power Electrical Services Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any incidental damage caused while on site. This may include but is not limited to damage to internal property such as plaster work, skirting boards, floor boards, damage to external property such as patios, paving slabs, drive ways, fences, gardens and landscaping.
- In the event that the company should need to remove and safely dispose of any materials from site not supplied by themselves the customer will be responsible for all associated costs. The customer will be informed before such work is carried out.
- COMPLIANCE AND REGULATIONS
- Home Power Electrical Services Ltd. are Part P registered via the approved certifier Elecsa and warrants that any works completed will be in accordance with general industry standards.
- Home Power Electrical Services Ltd. are covered by £5million Public and Product Liability and £10million Employer Liability Insurance. Further details are available on request.
- The company reserves the right to make any changes to product specification or services they deem necessary in order to ensure safety compliance. The customer will be made aware of any such requirements and cost implications before the relevant works are carried out.
- The full invoice is issued on the first day of the works commencing. Full payment is due strictly on completion of the works for all short-term projects lasting less than 7 consecutive days. For long-term projects lasting more than 7 consecutive days the company will issue interim invoices to reflect the value of the works carried out. Interim invoice payments are due immediately on receipt. Goods provided by Home Power Electrical Services Ltd. remain the property of the company until full payment has been received.
- The company reserves the right to apply statutory interest of 8% above the Bank of England reference rate, without prejudice, to any overdue invoice.
- No certificate or documentation related to the works will be issued to the customer until full payment of the invoice has been received.
- If additional minor works or any remedial action is required after the main works have been completed, a proportionate retention (reflecting the cost of outstanding work) is agreed between Home Power Electrical Services Ltd. and the customer until the outstanding works are completed.
- GUARANTEE OF GOODS AND SERVICES
- All electrical works completed by the company and all components and appliances provided by the company are subject to a one-year guarantee against technical failure or manufacturing fault.
- All defects must be reported to the main office immediately. Failure to report a fault on discovery will invalidate your guarantee.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to service any electrical appliances as per the manufacturers’ guidelines, which are available from the main office on request.
- Home Power Electrical Services Ltd. will not cover under guarantee any product which they have not supplied.
- If the company returns to site on report of a fault and the fault has been caused by the customer or any other third party the customer will be charged the flat daily rate of £250 (including VAT), travel at 45p per mile for the return journey from the main company premises plus any additional material cost.
- Home Power Electrical Services Ltd. will not reimburse payments made to third party repair contractors without prior written consent.
- SEVERABIITY CLAUSE
- If any part of this Agreement is declared unenforceable or invalid, the remainder will continue to be valid and enforceable.